Brutally Honest Things I (and other men) Truly Think About “Feminism.”
The following is the God’s-honest truth from the perspective of an imperfect man who was taught chivalry, respect, and love for women. Opinions are solely his and the hundreds of other imperfect men he’s spoken to about this subject in one way or another.
(Note: I don’t want to play word games with anyone about what they believe “feminist” means. We all know what feminism has become today, and that’s the movement I’m addressing.)
1. We think it’s stupid when feminists think it’s cool to not know how to cook. We don’t give more respect to a woman who thinks keeping her home organized and tidy is weakness. We find a woman who hates babies and children kind of off-putting, even if we don’t currently want a child. We don’t think it’s edgy. We think it’s silly that they think this somehow makes women strong and independent. Our mothers did all the above and more, and we recognize her as super strong. Do they think they’re better than our Mom? NO ONE is better than our Mom.
2. No, we don’t think women can do most physical jobs just as good as us. We’re built for tougher physical exertion than you. We have more muscle mass than you do. On a base level it insults us that feminists claim your strength is equal to ours when we clearly see it isn’t. You have strengths and we acknowledge them, even find them sexy in some regards, but physically demanding tasks generally require a body built for it. It’s why construction sites, ranches, and other physically-demanding jobs primarily consist of men. Women are physically weaker than us, and it hacks us off that feminists only want to recognize that fact in a courtroom.
3. We want to wear the pants in the relationship, and we want you to wear the pretty sundress. Believe us, WE invented pants and have regretted it ever since. They aren’t that great.
4. There’s no “wage gap” between our sexes. If you get paid less than a man it’s probably because he’s been there longer, or works harder, or has a higher title than you. Men do a lot to climb the ladder to make a better living, and often times it’s to make a better living for you. Don’t buy the feminist lie that the literal man is keeping you down.
There is no grand evil patriarchal scheme. There are too many women CEO and managers making more than men out there to give credence to this claim. Also, if a woman gets paid less than a man for doing the same amount of work, then why would a business ever hire a man?
5. We’re wired for destruction. Boys play games that mimic violence of their own accord. We’re not taught that like feminists like to claim. We’re hyperactive because we’re built to hunt, kill, conquer, and protect later in life. We get a rush out of doing these things.
We think it’s stupid that feminists think that’s stupid. We think girl stuff is boring. We don’t think feminine stuff is bad, it’s just boring to us.
Home and Garden Magazines: Boring
Underwear: Boring… unless we get to see it on you, and even then our goal is to get it off you.
Also, if masculinity is so evil then how come feminists are constantly trying to put themselves on level with it? Why do you want to be like us, but not let us be us?
6. Yeah, we’re wussies when we’re sick. There is nothing better than being taken care of by a woman. We love the gentleness and reassuring touch that only a woman has. Even science says you make more thorough and caring doctors.
On top of that you look like an angel when you’re caring for us. It inspires us to get better, to regain our strength so we can get back to being strong for you. We find the feminist concept that it’s a bad thing for a woman to be caring and gentle utterly ridiculous and a waste of natural girl power.
You don’t see us asking our bros to run fingers through our hair with our head in their laps or put vapor rub on our chest…you know…outside comedic reasons.
7. We live in a wam-bam-thank-you-ma’am promoted culture where young girls are fed the feminist lie that it’s empowering to dress like a skank and make a guy do everything in his power to take you home, and even let him succeed at it. Then feminists tell you that it’s not your fault that you can’t seem to land a good guy because men are dogs.
NEWSFLASH: IT IS YOUR FAULT!
While me and mine could seriously do with a lot more discipline, it is EXTREMELY difficult for us to resist sexual temptation. We think about it constantly, and it’s everywhere we look nowadays. From a man’s perspective I can honestly tell you that it’s MADDENING. It’s not because we’re pigs, we’re wired that way, and while we’re physically attracted to easy half-naked women, we sure don’t respect you mentally.
In fact, I hate to burst the feminist bubble, but respect isn’t what comes to mind at all. We hold these women to the level of “useful tool.” This is done very subconsciously, and men aren’t very good at fighting instinct, nor should we in the face of an easy woman. We’re taught as boys that putting value in something cheap ends badly.
8. We fully believe we’re dumber than you in many ways. In fact we hope our woman is smarter than us when it comes to day-to-day things, but we also fully believe we’re smarter in many ways too. Sadly it’s become politically correct to say women are smarter, and a man can’t argue that without a woman nearby getting angry. Men believe women to be very intelligent, intuitive thinkers. We believe you make great leaders.
That said, intelligence comes in a variety of flavors, and we think circles around women in many ways. We’re primarily responsible for technological and scientific breakthroughs. We’re highly logical, creative thinkers. The pop-culture portrayal that we’re close to the intelligence of apes is both insulting and laughable.
Do women outwit men? All the freaking time. They outwit them while they drive cars utilizing internal combustion engines around high-rises, guided by traffic lights that harness electricity. Men are pretty stupid, huh feminists?
9. You can’t tell a man to respect you like he would another man, because you’re not another man. Weirdly that’s something the feminist has a hard time with. We’re naturally competitive and recognize manly respect through manly occurrences whether it be from masculine acts, masculine chats, or masculine urges mental and sexual.
This doesn’t mean we don’t welcome the feminine to take part in these things, but it will never mean the same to you as it does to us. Even a girl inclined towards masculine activity retains too many feminine traits to truly bond with us on the level feminists are demanding us to.
We are different from you.
10. Ladies, let me crush a silly idea that feminists have made popular: You don’t need to “elevate” yourself to where men are. You don’t need to be “just as good.” Men are not on a platform above you where the sun shines richer and we reap a bountiful supply of deserved ego. We’re not better or worse than you, we’re just not the same. Our needs diverge and intersect with yours because we’re tied to each other, but this doesn’t mean we need to be equal on every ground.
Feminists say they want “equality.” That’s a lie. What they want is neutrality if not dominance for themselves. Nature can’t and won’t abide the feminist idea of masculine and feminine, and honestly neither will us men. We honestly find the idea laughable and stupid. I’m willing to bet most women do too.